We, SnapDragon Monitoring Limited (“SnapDragon”, “we”, “our”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our customers. We will only collect and use personal data in ways which are described here and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under law.
SnapDragon has established this Privacy Statement to assist you to understand what information we collect when you use our Swoop portal (“Swoop”) and how that information is used.
References to “you” throughout the policy are to you the customer/visitor.
Who we are and how to contact us
Where SnapDragon collects and processes your personal data, it is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and / or any applicable legislation adopted by the United Kingdom post the United Kingdom ceasing to be a Member State of the European Union (“Data Protection Legislation”).
If you have any questions regarding the Privacy Statement you can contact us at:
- SnapDragon Monitoring Limited, 5th Floor, 125 Princes Street, Edinburgh EH2 4AD; and / or
If you are unhappy with how we handle your personal information you can:
- submit a complaint in writing for the attention of The Data Control Team, SnapDragon Monitoring Limited, 5th Floor, 125 Princes Street, Edinburgh EH2 4AD; and / or
- notify the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by calling their helpline on: 0303 123 1113.
What personal information does SnapDragon collect about you?
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify or contact a specific individual, such as a name, address, telephone number or email address.
We may collect and process the following information about you when you use Swoop or contact us:
|Information which is given by you||
|Information we collect about you||
How SnapDragon Uses Your Information
Subscription and Services: SnapDragon will use your personal information to:
- administer your subscription account;
- communicate with you in relation to your subscription account and the services we are providing;
- deliver services to you;
- bill you for your subscription/services purchased; and
- provide ongoing services and support.
You may have a legal right to ask us to delete or destroy your information. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at SnapDragon Monitoring Limited, 5th Floor, 125 Princes Street, Edinburgh EH2 4AD for further information.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract. We will use your personal information for the above ‘subscription and services’ purposes as is it necessary for the performance of a contract that we have with you (the “Subscription Agreement”). If you do not wish to provide the personal information requested you may not be able to proceed with the Subscription Agreement.
Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject. We may be required to share your personal information to comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements or, in the event of a dispute, with the relevant dispute resolution body.
With Whom Does SnapDragon Share Your Personal Information
SnapDragon contracts with trusted third party service providers and suppliers to provide certain services and customer solutions. We have strict data processing agreements in place with each of these providers (other than those to whom we may be required to provide personal data by law) so that they process your data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We may share your personal data with the following parties for the purposes noted below:
- Mesomorphic Ltd which provides our IT development, support and maintenance services;
- the party which provides our subscription payment services, which is currently Stripe.
Except as provided above, SnapDragon will not share personal information with any other third parties without your permission, unless required by, or in connection with, law enforcement action, subpoena or other litigation, or applicable law.
SnapDragon will not sell, trade or lease your personal information to others.
Where Do We Store Personal Data
The information which we collect about you will usually be stored inside the UK or European Economic Area (EEA). However, we may transfer personal data outside the UK or EEA where our service providers host, process or store data outside the UK or EEA. Where we do this, we will ensure that the transfer is to a country covered by the decision of the European Commission or is otherwise made in circumstances which we have put appropriate safeguards in place to protect your data in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
We will not hold your personal information for any longer than is necessary for the “uses” outlined above, unless we are required to keep your personal data to comply with the law and any regulatory requirements.
We will retain your information in accordance with the timelines in our Data Policy.
Data subjects rights
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Legislation which can be exercised by contacting email@example.com including:
- the right to access the personal data held about the you by making a subject access request in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. Until 25 May 2018 we may charge a fee of £10 for any requests. After 25 May 2018 we may charge a reasonable fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive;
- the right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to have your personal data deleted in certain specific circumstances as set out in the Data Protection Legislation;
- the right to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain specific circumstances as set out in the Data Protection Legislation;
- the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes or for purposes based on our legitimate interests; and
- where you have provided consent, to withdraw such consent at any time.
Security of personal information
To protect the privacy of any personal information you may have provided, SnapDragon employs industry-standard controls including physical access controls, Internet firewalls, intrusion detection, and network monitoring.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via Swoop; any transmission is at your own risk.
Your account is password protected for your security and we accordingly advise that you maintain the privacy of your password and change this occasionally to maintain this level of security.
Third party links
SnapDragon will engage in periodic self-assessment to verify that it continues to be in compliance with this Privacy Statement.